IRONMAN 70.3 Results 2021
- Ben Kanute (USA) 3:46:32.
- Miki Taagholt (DEN) 3:48:56.
- Sam Appleton (AUS) 3:49:35.
- Chris Leiferman (USA) 3:50:25.
- Jason West (USA) 3:51:08.
Oct 30, 2021
- 1 What is a good Ironman 70.3 time?
- 2 What is the fastest Ironman 70.3 time?
- 3 What is the best Ironman 70.3 for beginners?
- 4 How long does it take to recover from a half Ironman?
- 5 How many calories do you burn in an Ironman?
- 6 What is a good time for first Ironman?
- 7 Has anyone ever died doing an Ironman?
- 8 Who holds the Ironman World Record?
- 9 Which is the hardest Ironman course?
- 10 What is harder Half Ironman or marathon?
- 11 Which Ironman is the easiest?
- 12 Can anyone do a half Ironman?
- 13 How long should you rest after an Ironman?
- 14 Is an Ironman bad for your body?
- 15 Should I do a half Ironman before a full?
What is a good Ironman 70.3 time?
No wonder it’s fast becoming the most popular series in the world. The 70.3 takes about 6 hours on average to finish: the swim takes 45 minutes, the bike ride about 3:00, and the run approximately 2:15. Of course, finish times really depend on your age group. How Can You Calculate Your Ironman Time?
What is the fastest Ironman 70.3 time?
He closed out his day with a blistering 1:06:33 half-marathon (that’s a 5:05/mile split) to cross the line at 3:36:30—the fastest ever Ironman 70.3 World Championship time ever recorded. Brownlee (who posted a 1:07:40 half-marathon), finished about a minute later.
What is the best Ironman 70.3 for beginners?
These five North American halves rank as our top options for taking on a 70.3 for the first time.
- Montreal Espirit – Early September.
- Barrelman Niagara Falls – Mid September.
- Ironman 70.3 Florida – Early April.
- Great White North Triathlon – Early July.
- Ironman 70.3 Victoria – Early June.
How long does it take to recover from a half Ironman?
Typical Recovery Time: 10 to 14 days. After your race take 48-72 hours off to allow for full recovery. Then train in Zone 2 only (Easy or Steady) for up to two weeks. Include further recovery days if you need to during this period.
How many calories do you burn in an Ironman?
The final event in an Ironman is a full marathon — or 26.2 miles of running. Pros complete the marathon in less than 3 hours — which means they are running about seven-minute miles. At this pace, a 155-pound person burns 539 calories per hour — or a total of about 1,600 calories for the run.
What is a good time for first Ironman?
The answer, based on our analysis of more than 41,000 finishers in 25 Ironman triathlons: about 12 hours and 35 minutes for the average triathlete. Swim 2.4 miles in 1:16, Bike 112 miles in 6:25, and Run 26.2 miles in 4:54.
Has anyone ever died doing an Ironman?
Two men died following an Ironman 70.3 triathlon in Madison, Wisconsin, over the weekend, the Madison Fire Department said. Todd Mahoney, 38, an apparatus engineer with the fire department, and Michael McCulloch, 61, of Cottage Grove, Wisconsin, both died during the swimming portion of the lengthy race.
Who holds the Ironman World Record?
On one of the fastest Ironman courses in the world in Brazil, UK On runner Tim Don destroys the current Ironman World Record by more than 4 minutes with a time of 7:40:23.
Which is the hardest Ironman course?
4 Ironman events that are harder than Kona
- Ironman Lanzarote. With its ocean swim and barren, hilly bike route, Ironman Lanzarote is one of the longest-standing races in Europe.
- Ironman Wales. Taking place in Pembrokeshire, Wales, this Ironman event is one of the hardest races in Europe.
- Ironman Canada.
- Ironman France.
What is harder Half Ironman or marathon?
You may think that if you can finish a marathon in, say, 4 hours, but it takes you at least 5 or 6 hours to do a half IRONMAN, the marathon is easier. But because it’s full-impact body pounding the entire time, the marathon is harder.
Which Ironman is the easiest?
Ironman 70.3 turkey has produced some of the fastest times over the 70.3 distance, making it technically the easiest half on the calendar.
Can anyone do a half Ironman?
“I think literally anyone can [do it],” Bernhardt says. “A person can go from zero to an Olympic distance [. 9-mile swim, 24.8-mile bike, 6.2-mile run] in about 12 weeks. You need only about an 8-10 week bump on top of that to get to a half–Ironman.
How long should you rest after an Ironman?
While research on muscle recovery after an iron-distance event indicates that muscles require two to three weeks of recovery following an Ironman or marathon, it may be much longer before the mind and the rest of the body are ready to tackle another endurance event.
Is an Ironman bad for your body?
Although it remains true that people who exercise are generally healthier than those who don’t, a study published this month in Mayo Clinic Proceedings and a study presented last week to the American College of Sports Medicine find excessive training for ultramarathons, Olympic-length triathlons and other endurance
Should I do a half Ironman before a full?
Consider on Ironman race day you’re going to ride 112 miles before running a marathon. By definition, that’s a pretty easy bike ride. So if you are going to do a half before your full, our advice is to race it as a 70.3. Have fun going fast and doing cool stuff with your fitness.