From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The 2015 Ironman 70.3 World Championship was a triathlon competition that was held in Zell am See-Kaprun, Austria on August 30, 2015. It was won by Jan Frodeno of Germany and Daniela Ryf of Switzerland.Date:
August 30, 2015Location:
- 1 How do you qualify for the Ironman 70.3 Championship?
- 2 What is a good Ironman 70.3 time?
- 3 Who is a Powerbar athlete and has won two Ironman 70.3 World Championships and the Ironman Hawaii?
- 4 What is the best Ironman 70.3 for beginners?
- 5 Is an Ironman bad for your body?
- 6 Can anyone enter an Ironman?
- 7 What is a good time for first Ironman?
- 8 How many calories do you burn in an Ironman?
- 9 What is the fastest Ironman time ever?
- 10 How long is the Ironman race in Hawaii?
- 11 Who won the last Iron Man?
- 12 How long should you train for an Ironman?
- 13 What is harder Half Ironman or marathon?
- 14 Which is the hardest Ironman course?
- 15 Which Ironman is the easiest?
How do you qualify for the Ironman 70.3 Championship?
To be eligible, XC athletes must have completed at least three (3) IRONMAN 70.3 events (prior to the XC event you are competing in); your PR will be used from an event within the five (5) years prior to the upcoming IRONMAN 70.3 XC event date.
What is a good Ironman 70.3 time?
No wonder it’s fast becoming the most popular series in the world. The 70.3 takes about 6 hours on average to finish: the swim takes 45 minutes, the bike ride about 3:00, and the run approximately 2:15. Of course, finish times really depend on your age group. How Can You Calculate Your Ironman Time?
Who is a Powerbar athlete and has won two Ironman 70.3 World Championships and the Ironman Hawaii?
Since then, Kienle has collected one title after another. Highlights of his career so far are winning the Ironman 70.3 World Championship twice in a row – in 2012 and 2013 – a third place at the Ironman World Championships in Hawaii in 2013 and the European Ironman Championship title in 2014.
What is the best Ironman 70.3 for beginners?
These five North American halves rank as our top options for taking on a 70.3 for the first time.
- Montreal Espirit – Early September.
- Barrelman Niagara Falls – Mid September.
- Ironman 70.3 Florida – Early April.
- Great White North Triathlon – Early July.
- Ironman 70.3 Victoria – Early June.
Is an Ironman bad for your body?
Although it remains true that people who exercise are generally healthier than those who don’t, a study published this month in Mayo Clinic Proceedings and a study presented last week to the American College of Sports Medicine find excessive training for ultramarathons, Olympic-length triathlons and other endurance
Can anyone enter an Ironman?
THEY CAN! Ironman combines the three disciplines of Swim, Bike, Run. Many more compete in the Ironman 70.3 (Half Ironman) which is just as big of a life time achievement in itself as well as a fantastic milestone on the road to full distance.
What is a good time for first Ironman?
The answer, based on our analysis of more than 41,000 finishers in 25 Ironman triathlons: about 12 hours and 35 minutes for the average triathlete. Swim 2.4 miles in 1:16, Bike 112 miles in 6:25, and Run 26.2 miles in 4:54.
How many calories do you burn in an Ironman?
The final event in an Ironman is a full marathon — or 26.2 miles of running. Pros complete the marathon in less than 3 hours — which means they are running about seven-minute miles. At this pace, a 155-pound person burns 539 calories per hour — or a total of about 1,600 calories for the run.
What is the fastest Ironman time ever?
On one of the fastest Ironman courses in the world in Brazil, UK On runner Tim Don destroys the current Ironman World Record by more than 4 minutes with a time of 7:40:23.
How long is the Ironman race in Hawaii?
Professional and age-group triathletes from around the world dream of racing on IRONMAN’s main stage- the IRONMAN World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawai`i. The very best will embark on a 140.6-mile journey that presents the ultimate test of body, mind and spirit.
Who won the last Iron Man?
The most recent Ironman World Championship took place on October 12, 2019 and was won by Jan Frodeno of Germany in 7:51:13 and Anne Haug of Germany in 8:40:10. The current Ironman Hawaii course record was set in 2019 by Jan Frodeno (Germany), whose winning time was 7 hours 51 minutes 13 seconds.
How long should you train for an Ironman?
How much time do you have to commit? You don’t need 20+ hours a week; however, training for an IRONMAN is still a time-consuming process. A typical plan will run a course of 24-30 weeks, with the first six to 10 weeks totalling between eight and 10 hours per week.
What is harder Half Ironman or marathon?
You may think that if you can finish a marathon in, say, 4 hours, but it takes you at least 5 or 6 hours to do a half IRONMAN, the marathon is easier. But because it’s full-impact body pounding the entire time, the marathon is harder.
Which is the hardest Ironman course?
4 Ironman events that are harder than Kona
- Ironman Lanzarote. With its ocean swim and barren, hilly bike route, Ironman Lanzarote is one of the longest-standing races in Europe.
- Ironman Wales. Taking place in Pembrokeshire, Wales, this Ironman event is one of the hardest races in Europe.
- Ironman Canada.
- Ironman France.
Which Ironman is the easiest?
Ironman 70.3 turkey has produced some of the fastest times over the 70.3 distance, making it technically the easiest half on the calendar.