- Hebridean Way Cycling Route, Outer Hebrides.
- Edinburgh City Centre to the Shore.
- Lerwick to Scalloway, Shetland.
- Devilla Forest, Fife.
- Loch Leven Heritage Trail, Perthshire.
- Montrose Basin, Angus.
- Assynt Achiltibuie Circular, Highlands.
- Formartine and Buchan Way, Aberdeenshire.
THE BEST CYCLING ROUTES IN SCOTLAND – OUR TOP 13 CYCLING TRIPS IN SCOTLAND! 1. Pitlochry to Loch Rannoch and back 2. Isle of Bute 3. Isle of Arran 4. Killin, Glen Lochay and Glen Lyon 5. Loch Leven Heritage Trail 6. Edinburgh to North Berwick and back 7. The Great East Lothian Loop 8.
- 1 Is it legal to cycle on the pavement in Scotland?
- 2 How long does it take to cycle around Scotland?
- 3 What is the best cycle route planner?
- 4 Can you cycle anywhere in Scotland?
- 5 Is cycling on the pavement illegal?
- 6 Can you cycle on a dual carriageway in Scotland?
- 7 What is the 500 route in Scotland?
- 8 Can you cycle the NC500?
- 9 Can you cycle the Great Glen Way?
- 10 Is Komoot worth paying for?
- 11 How do I plan a cycling route?
- 12 How long does it take to cycle 5 miles?
Is it legal to cycle on the pavement in Scotland?
Generally, anyone cycling on a footway or footpath in Scotland is committing an offence under the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984. But it is not an offence to cycle across a footway or footpath to access a cycle track, driveway or other land where cycling is allowed.
How long does it take to cycle around Scotland?
Most will take a week to ride it, although Scottish adventurer Mark Beaumont holds a record for the route of just 38 hours. The circular route can be completed clockwise or anti-clockwise and meanders through the counties of Caithness, Sutherland and Ross-shire.
What is the best cycle route planner?
The 7 Best Cycling Mapping & Route Planning Apps
- 1 About Cycling Route Planning & Mapping Apps.
- 2 1. Google Maps.
- 3 2. Komoot.
- 4 3. Bikemap.
- 5 4. Bike Citizens.
- 6 5. Cyclers Navigation.
- 7 6. Bicycle Route Navigator.
- 8 7. BikeMaps.org.
Can you cycle anywhere in Scotland?
You can join the route anywhere along the way. Choose any section of the route, for example, from Glasgow, and on to Loch Lomond, passing through the Trossachs National Park and then on to the Cairngorms. It’s up to you, but it would be wise to choose a section that matches your ability.
Is cycling on the pavement illegal?
Is there legislation for pavement cycling? The simple answer to this is yes. However, the interpretation is clear – it’s not legal for a cyclist to ride their bike on the pavement. The Highway Code also states: “You must not cycle on a pavement.”
Can you cycle on a dual carriageway in Scotland?
Despite what some people might believe, it is legal for cyclists to ride on dual carriageways. That said, dual carriageways aren’t the most pleasant places to cycle, but they can‘t always be avoided.
What is the 500 route in Scotland?
The North Coast 500 is a 516-mile (830 km) scenic route around the north coast of Scotland, starting and ending at Inverness Castle. The route is also known as the NC500 and was launched in 2015, linking many features in the north Highlands of Scotland in one touring route.
Can you cycle the NC500?
The North Coast 500 is a challenge of terrain and variable weather and the leisurely pace gives you time to stop and enjoy the landscape and experience this unique environment and it’s communities. Hire a bike with Ticket to Ride in Inverness at the start of your trip.
Can you cycle the Great Glen Way?
The Great Glen Way is one of Scotland’s Great Trails. It is 79 miles long, starting in Fort William and finishing in Inverness. The Great Glen Way can be walked or cycled. The off-road trail is on paths and tracks as well as along canal and loch shores.
Is Komoot worth paying for?
There’s good routing, a heap of curated and automatically generated content, and when you’re out and about the navigation is very good, with the voice turn-by-turn the only one I’ve used that really does the job on the bike. For a single one-off payment that’s less than a new front tyre, it’s a decent investment.
How do I plan a cycling route?
Plan Your Bike Ride
- Type the address or name of your starting point into the search field on Google Maps.
- The directions icon opens up the route planning features in Google Maps.
- Click the cycling mode icon.
- Click the up-and-down arrow icon to reposition the starting point.
How long does it take to cycle 5 miles?
How long does it take to bike 5 miles? Biking a distance of 5 miles on an even road should take around 15 to 20 minutes, or even almost twice as long when you’re pedaling slowly to enjoy your surroundings, especially when the weather is good and the wind is blowing nicely.