Where to do a triathlon in Door County?
- The sandy shorelines and majestic bluffs along Green Bay north of Sturgeon Bay provide an ideal setting for a triathlon. Motorists in Door County are advised of road disruptions and closures in front of and near Frank E. Murphy County Park in Egg Harbor on July 17 and 18 for the seventeenth annual Door County Triathlon.
- 1 Where is the Door County Triathlon?
- 2 How long is the Door County Triathlon?
- 3 What is USAT membership?
- 4 What is a 70.3 Ironman distance?
- 5 How much does it cost to join USAT?
- 6 How much is a one-day USA Triathlon membership?
- 7 How do I get a USAT card?
- 8 What’s harder than an Ironman?
- 9 What are Ironman 70.3 cut off times?
- 10 How long does it take to swim 2.4 miles?
Where is the Door County Triathlon?
The sandy shorelines and majestic bluffs of Door County create the ideal setting for a triathlon. The event is open to any and all who wish to participate, whether they are beginners or seasoned athletes. The triathlon begins at Frank Murphy County Park and ends in Egg Harbor, totaling over 21 miles.
How long is the Door County Triathlon?
COURSE OVERVIEW The 56 mile bike route includes a flat and fast stretch for 13 miles along the shoreline of the bay before a challenging double-loop through the bluff area north of Sturgeon Bay. The route includes 1,290 feet of elevation gain so get ready to use your lower gears.
What is USAT membership?
A USA Triathlon (USAT) card is a membership card designating membership in USA Triathlon. As an added benefit, membership also provides athletes with extra accident insurance during participation in USAT-sanctioned events. A signed waiver is required with USAT membership.
What is a 70.3 Ironman distance?
The Half Ironman is the primer for the ultimate race: the Ironman. This distance ( 70.3 miles ) will test both your mental and physical strength as you swim 1.2 miles (1.9K), bike 56 miles (90K), and run 13.1 miles (21.1K).
How much does it cost to join USAT?
An adult (age 18 and over) 1-day USAT license costs $15 and an annual license costs $50. If your mindset is “one and done” the 1-day license is the way to go, but, if you expect to do more than one USAT sanctioned event you should consider purchasing an annual license which offers multisple benefits.
How much is a one-day USA Triathlon membership?
One-Day License – $15 (Adult Only) A One-Day License allows an athlete to compete in a USA Triathlon sanctioned race without purchasing an Annual Membership.
How do I get a USAT card?
Purchase an Annual Membership by visiting our Membership Hub A USA Triathlon Annual Membership allows an athlete to compete in USA Triathlon sanctioned races without needing to purchase a One-Day License.
What’s harder than an Ironman?
An ultra-triathlon is a long-distance triathlon. The term generally refers to all triathlon events with a distance that is a multiple of the Ironman Triathlon, which consists of 2.4 miles (3.86 km) of swimming, 112 miles (180.25 km) of cycling, and a full marathon (26.2 mi or 42.2 km) of running.
What are Ironman 70.3 cut off times?
The total 70.3 cut off time is: 8 hours and 30 minutes after the final wave. Each athlete will have 8 hours and 30 minutes to complete event.
How long does it take to swim 2.4 miles?
2.4 miles or 3,800 meters is a long time to be swimming. The average age-group swimmer takes roughly eighty minutes to swim this distance without stopping.