What do you bring to a triathlon?
- A bike pump – in addition to those provided by the race mechanics, many athletes bring bike pumps with them, and are happy to loan them out to their neighbors in the transition area. After removing your warm clothes to put on your wetsuit, place them in the dry clothes bag.
- 1 Do I need a triathlon transition bag?
- 2 What is a special needs bag in triathlon?
- 3 What should I bring to a triathlon transition?
- 4 Do I need a race belt for triathlon?
- 5 What is a transition bag?
- 6 Can you change during Ironman?
- 7 Do you change clothes in an Ironman?
- 8 What do I need for an Ironman transition bag?
- 9 Do you wear socks in triathlon?
- 10 How much should you eat during a triathlon?
Do I need a triathlon transition bag?
Laces, energy gels, triathlon watches – a triathlon transition bag isn’t a mandatory purchase for your racing endeavours. However, a tri-specific bag purchase will make your tri life a whole lot easier, so much so that you’ll wonder how you previously survived without one.
What is a special needs bag in triathlon?
In addition to the “morning clothes” bag (sometimes called the “dry clothes bag, where you put the clothes you wore in the morning/what you’ll want to wear after the race), and two gear bags (bike gear and run gear), you’re also given two bags for “special needs.” These are optional bags you’ll have the option to pick
What should I bring to a triathlon transition?
- Tri suit or swimsuit.
- Antifog solution for goggles.
- Bodyglide (skin lubricant)
- Pre-race sandals or other footwear.
Do I need a race belt for triathlon?
You can race without a belt, but it is nice to have one.
What is a transition bag?
A transition bag is a backpack designed specifically for the needs of triathletes. It is large enough to fit all triathlon gears in one place and, at the same time, well compartmented that triathletes don’t lose any time looking for specific gear.
Can you change during Ironman?
In an Ironman (TM) branded race they do not allow anything in transition except your bicycle. The odd race will allow you to have your shoes clipped to the pedals but that is it. Everything you need for T1 and T2 is contained in marked bags. You grab your T1 bag as you come out of the water and run into a change tent.
Do you change clothes in an Ironman?
For longer events, such as an Ironman, triathletes who prioritize comfort over time will change clothes after each sport. Both options can lead to disqualification if done incorrectly.
What do I need for an Ironman transition bag?
Your run shoes, fresh socks, race belt, hat and sunglasses (unless you wore them on the bike) should also be in this bag. If you expect to finish after dark, the race may require you to wear reflective tape on your clothing. Before exiting the changing tent, make sure all your bike gear goes into your run bag.
Do you wear socks in triathlon?
Most pro triathletes don’t wear socks for sprint and Olympic distance events and are wearing some for longer events. However, over a full Ironman distance, it is rather insignificant. The comfort of socks over such a big distance is, for most people, well worth those couple of seconds.
How much should you eat during a triathlon?
Eating and drinking during events During Olympic distance and sprint distance triathlon racing, athletes should aim to consume between 30-60g of carbohydrate each hour. This can be achieved through a combination of sports drinks, carbohydrate gels and through solid forms of carbohydrate e.g. Sports bars or muesli bars.