All athletes eligible to represent the United States must:
- Be a U.S. citizen OR.
- Be a U.S. national – someone who has resided in the U.S. for three consecutive years and has not competed for their country of citizenship in the prior year.
How do I qualify for the World Triathlon long distance triathlon?
- 1. USA Triathlon Long Course National Championship 2. USA Triathlon Ultra-Distance National Championships 2 nd place per age group/gender qualify only if their finishing time is within 30% of the first-place athlete’s finishing time 3. Podium Finishers Podium finishers from previous World Triathlon Long Distance Triathlon World Championship
- 1 How do you qualify for a pro triathlon card?
- 2 How do you qualify for the elite triathlon?
- 3 How do you qualify for Age Group World Championships?
- 4 How fast do Olympic triathletes run?
- 5 What does ITU mean in triathlon?
- 6 How much do professional triathletes make?
- 7 How do you train like a pro triathlete?
- 8 How do pro triathletes qualify for Kona?
- 9 What is a USAT membership?
- 10 How do you qualify for the Duathlon World Championships?
- 11 What are the age groups for triathlon?
- 12 How do you become an All American triathlon?
How do you qualify for a pro triathlon card?
Becoming a Pro Triathlete – Do You Have What It Takes?
- Place Top 10 overall amateur at a World Championship event (ITU or Kona)
- Place Top 5 overall at USAT Age Group Nationals.
- Place Top 3 overall amateur at a qualifying race*
How do you qualify for the elite triathlon?
2021 Elite Qualifying Races: All triathlons sanctioned by a World Triathlon recognized National Federation or World Triathlon with 200 or more participating athletes and a corresponding elite race in the same distance with $20,000 or more in elite prize money shall be Elite Qualifying Races.
How do you qualify for Age Group World Championships?
Who can compete in the Age Group World Rankings? You must be aged 40 or over on THE DAY OF ONE OF THE QUALIFYING EVENTS.
How fast do Olympic triathletes run?
Not only are transition times mere seconds, but the overall pace is often extremely fast, hovering just above a 5-minute mile run pace. High-caliber professionals will often finish Olympic triathlons in around 2 hours or less, with the men’s record currently at just over 1 hour, 46 minutes.
What does ITU mean in triathlon?
From 1 October 2020, the International Triathlon Union (ITU) will officially take on its new identity as World Triathlon, following a rebrand that will take the sport of triathlon and its world governing body forwards after 31 years as ITU.
How much do professional triathletes make?
So how much do pro triathletes make? You can expect an average salary from prize money and bonuses to sit between $50,000 and $100,000 a year.
How do you train like a pro triathlete?
Tips for Training Like a Pro Triathlete
- High Intensity Year-Round. Don’t skip the VO2 intervals or work at your current functional threshold power level.
- Train Fast to Race Fast.
- Weight Training.
- Train the Swim.
- Roll With It.
- Pace for Effectiveness and Enjoyment.
- Train With a Partner.
- Focus on Your Race.
How do pro triathletes qualify for Kona?
To be eligible for selection through the Legacy Program, athletes must have completed a minimum of 12 full-distance IRONMAN-branded races, have never started the IRONMAN World Championship, have completed at least one full-distance IRONMAN event in each of the last two years and be registered for a full-distance
What is a USAT membership?
A USA Triathlon (USAT) card is a membership card designating membership in USA Triathlon. As an added benefit, membership also provides athletes with extra accident insurance during participation in USAT-sanctioned events. A signed waiver is required with USAT membership.
How do you qualify for the Duathlon World Championships?
Standard-Distance: At the Duathlon National Championships, the top 18 in each age group, rolling down to 30th place after applying the age-up rule, will qualify for the World Championships.
What are the age groups for triathlon?
Typical Triathlon Age Groups
- Elite Males — This “age group” is not an age group at all.
- Male Age Group: 19 – UNDER (sometimes they break this category down into 15- under and 16-19)
- Male Age Group: 20 – 24.
- Male Age Group: 25 – 29.
- Male Age Group: 30 – 34.
- Male Age Group: 35 – 39.
- Male Age Group: 40 – 44.
How do you become an All American triathlon?
For the 2021 rankings year, an athlete must complete three (3) triathlon to be nationally ranked and two (2) of all other sports (Triathlon Off-Road, Duathlon, Aquabike & Aquathlon).