How do you replace a Timex watch band?
- To replace a Timex Expedition watch band, you will need: A spring bar tool. Painter’s tape. Before you replace your Timex Expedition watch band, first review your tools. The spring bar tool is a small tool which helps to remove the pins. It has a pointed end and a flat end with a small V notch.
How do you remove a Timex stretch band?
Locate the links in the center of the bracelet with the texture. Squeeze the textured part of the link opposite the link you want to remove. Pull the band apart while still pressing down on the link. Count the links you need removed, and follow the same process to remove the appropriate section of links.
How do you measure a Timex watch band?
The easiest way to check your band size is to check the back of the band for any stampings that would indicate the size (like the sample below). If there is no indication of the size on the back of your old band, then make a measurement between the lugs where the band attaches to the watch (like the sample below).
Pry up on 2 tabs next to each other, on most bands there will be tabs on the inside of the watch band and the outside. That means in most cases you will have to pry up on 4 tabs for each side of the watch band to remove one link.
How do you fix a broken watch band?
There are two different ways to fix broken straps.
- Step 1: Cut the Velcro according to bands. The first step is to cut the Velcro by using scissors according to the width of your band.
- Step 2: Glue the Velcro on the timepiece.
- Step 3: Glue the Velcro on the bands.
- Step 4: Using Vice.
- Step 5: Remove the excess glue.
Are all watch bands interchangeable?
Yes. It is great way to have “many watches” with one watch only. Every strap in fact is interchangeable – you just pull out pins and put them in another strap and voila!