Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon sanctions more than 4,300 events and connects with more than 400,000 members each year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world.
- 1 How many members does USA Triathlon have?
- 2 What is a USAT member?
- 3 Who is on the USA Olympic triathlon Team?
- 4 How much is a USAT membership?
- 5 How long does a USAT membership last?
- 6 Do I need USAT membership?
- 7 How do I get a one day USAT membership?
- 8 What does USAT stand for?
- 9 Is Gwen Jorgensen retired?
- 10 How old is Katie zaferes?
- 11 How do you get a USAT membership?
- 12 What is an Ironman Community Fund entry?
How many members does USA Triathlon have?
USA Triathlon sanctions more than 4,300 races every year with nearly 400,000 members. It is composed of athletes of all ages, coaches, officials, parents and fans working to strengthen multisport.
What is a USAT member?
A USA Triathlon (USAT) card is a membership card designating membership in USA Triathlon. USA Triathlon (USAT) is the national governing body for the multi-sport disciplines of triathlon, duathlon, aquathlon and winter triathlon in the United States.
Who is on the USA Olympic triathlon Team?
USA Triathlon Announces 2020 U.S. Olympic Triathlon Team
- Taylor Knibb (Washington, D.C.) Knibb, 23, is the youngest woman ever to qualify for the U.S. Olympic Triathlon Team.
- Summer Rappaport (Thornton, Colo.)
- Katie Zaferes (Cary, N.C.)
- Kevin McDowell (Geneva, Ill.)
- Morgan Pearson (Boulder, Colo.)
How much is a USAT membership?
Annual memberships are US$50, and one-day memberships are US$15 each. Either membership is required for athletes to compete in USA Triathlon-sanctioned events. The new policy allows athletes to apply up to US$45 in one-day member fees toward the cost of an annual membership.
How long does a USAT membership last?
USAT Membership Benefits One-year subscription to USA Triathlon Magazine, published quarterly.
Do I need USAT membership?
To participate in a USAT sanctioned event all adults (age 18 and over) and minors must have either an annual USAT license or a 1-day license.
How do I get a one day USAT membership?
There are two ways to purchase a One-Day License:
- Most event registration systems will allow the purchase of a One-Day License while registering for your race.
- If the option is not available during registration, the race director will have the option to purchase the One-Day License at the race packet pickup.
What does USAT stand for?
United States Army Transport, a designation given to United States Army troop transports; the abbreviation is placed before the name of the ship.
Is Gwen Jorgensen retired?
In November 2017, Jorgensen announced that she was retiring from triathlon, and focusing on the marathon, with the goal of winning an Olympic gold in the discipline at Tokyo 2020.
How old is Katie zaferes?
Team USA finished 14 seconds behind Great Britain in the mixed triathlon relay, which officially made its Olympics debut, to claim a silver medal. Katie Zaferes, Kevin McDowel, Knibb Taylor and Morgan Pearson made up the four-person team for the United States.
How do you get a USAT membership?
Purchase an Annual Membership by visiting our Membership Hub
- Purchase is possible when registering for a race that uses a Real Time Account Verification (RTAV) registration company.
- Paper application at your race packet pick up (anticipate a 6 week time frame for processing).
What is an Ironman Community Fund entry?
The IRONMAN Foundation Community Fund provides athletes with the opportunity to register for IRONMAN events with a charitable giveback component as part of their registration. Approximately 50% of a Community Fund entry fee is a tax-deductible donation to the IRONMAN Foundation.